- Gmail - email
- Calendar - calendar
- Drive - cloud file storage
- Docs - word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
- Hangouts - text, audio, and video conferencing
- Sites - internal websites for your company
- and more
- Gmail - When a new email shows up in your inbox you have two options on what do with it; you can either archive it or you can delete it. If you archive the email you will always be able to go back and find it. If you delete it, it will go to your Trash folder; after 30 days in your trash folder it will then get permanently deleted. Gmail has two ways to archive: you can click the archive button or you can assign a label to the email. A label is like moving the email to a named archive folder. You can then browse that named archive folder. For example, any time I book travel I label the confirmation email as Travel. Now, any time I want to retrieve any travel info I simply browse my Travel folder.
- Calendar is an absolute pleasure to use. As you might guess Calendar allows you to set and keep track of your appointments. Each appointment, in turn, can have one or more reminders scheduled (I really like this feature). Let's say I have a meeting next week that I will need to prepare for. I can set an email reminder 24 hours before the meeting which serves as a reminder to prepare and I can have a second Pop-Up reminder 15 minutes before the meeting which is a reminder to actually get to the meeting. Google Calendar also makes it easy to view the calendars of your other team members which is very handy when you need to coordinate with your team. One of my favorite tricks with calendar is that I use it to email myself future reminders; here's how: Let's say next Wednesday I need to remind myself to publish a blog post. I create a zero minute calendar appointment for next Wednesday at 8 in the morning, and set a single email reminder for it. Now, next Wednesday morning at 8am an email reminder magically appears in my inbox reminding me to publish a blog post. I use this trick constantly!
- Drive is GAB's cloud storage which serves as a central place to store your files. Regardless of what device you're currently using (Android phone/tablet, iPhone/iPad, Windows PC, Mac PC, etc.), everything in Google Drive is accessible. Google Drive even has an off-line mode so that you can make certain documents accessible even when you don't have internet access.
- Docs is a lightweight replacement for the Microsoft Office suite. Docs includes word processing (think MS Word), spreadsheets (think MS Excel), presentations (think MS Powerpoint), and more. These are all light versions of what Microsoft Office offers, the advantage being that they're often easier to use because they don't do as much.
- Hangouts allows you to group chat with your entire team simultaneously. This could be text chat, audio chat, or video chat. It's very slick and works very well for group video conferencing.
- Sites allows you to create simple websites that are only accessible by your team. Imagine that you're coordinating an auction with your team. You could setup a site for the auction and keep the master check-list, schedule, etc. on it.
- And More - GAB includes other features and capabilities but these are the big ones.
- If your email is currently handled by your Internet Service Provider ([email protected]) switching to GAB will give you better branding and allows you to easily switch internet service providers in the future.
- If your email is not branded to your website ([email protected] or [email protected]) switching to GAB will give you better company branding.
- If you're a road-warrior switching to GAB will give you an easy central place to store nearly everything.
- If you have trouble collaborating with your team switching to GAB will give you tools to work better together.
What Is Catalog by Barcode Images?In short, it's a super-fast way to build a catalog. You can pre-print barcode labels from within Auction Flex, affix the label to the lot, and then take a picture of the lot label. Now you can take as many subsequent pictures of the lot as required. Repeat this process for each lot. When you plug that camera (or memory card) into your computer Auction Flex will read the barcodes from the images and import all the non-barcode images into the correct lots automatically (no manual entry required).
v8.01.04 Cha-cha-cha-changes! (song)In Auction Flex version 8.01.04 we made a few more changes to the Catalog by Barcode Images capability. Firstly, we made the feature more prominent by adding a dedicated button directly on the Auction Lots & Preview form (screenshot below). The second change we made was to add a new lot label that is specifically optimized for barcode image recognition. You can find this label in Auction Lots & Preview->Reports->#70 . This new lot label report prints on Avery 5163 size labels - 2" x 4" (screenshot below). The third change we made was to tweak the barcode image recognition settings for the new label. Auction Flex can now analyze around 350 images a minute. The fourth change we made was to enhance the user interface of the Catalog by Barcode Image form to make the cataloging process a little easier. Below is a screenshot of the primary data entry screen. There are subtle changes here from the previous version that will speed up your data entry. In the above screenshot you will notice that the barcode was read from the first image and automatically excluded from being assigned to the lot. The second image, which is the first real image of the lot, is used to enter the consignor code, inventory type, description, and other relevant info. Each additional image can be used to type additional description from the image. The thumbnail on the left is automatically blown up on the right when that row has focus. This allows you to see additional detail from the large image. Additionally, there is a built-in image editor for cropping, rotation, and adjustment of brightness/contrast. To open the image editor simply double-click on the thumbnail image.
The ProcessThe process for cataloging by barcode images is very simple.
- Start by pre-printing the barcode lot labels. To print them go to Auction Lots & Preview, click Reports button at lower left, then select report #70 "Catalog by Image Barcode Labels (Avery 5163)".
- Change your camera to use a very low quality setting (1 or 2 megapixels is fine). Remember that unless you are taking pictures to be printed in professional glossy catalogs there is no reason to take huge 8+ megapixel images. The consequence of taking unnecessarily large pictures is that they will take longer to transfer from the camera or memory card, they will slow down the barcode image recognition, and they will slow-down the automatic web compression built into Auction Flex.
- Affix the label to a lot (or lot tag).
- Take a fairly close picture of the lot such that the lot label takes up about 1/4 to 1/3 of the image area. Do NOT use macro mode on your camera.
- Now take one or more pictures of the lot trying not to include a visible barcode.
- Repeat steps 3 -5 for as many lots as you care to do.
- Connect your camera or memory card to your computer.
- From Auction Flex go to Auction Lots & Preview and click the Catalog by Barcode Images button.
- Step 1 in this form allows you to choose the folder where the images are stored. Click the ... button and select the appropriate folder location. Then click Next Step.
- Now you are on the main data entry screen where you fill in the lot info (consignor code, quantity, inventory type, lead, description, etc.). Once you're done with the data entry click Next Step.
- The final step is to click the Import Images button. Auction Flex will then create your lots, attach the images, and automatically optimize your images for the internet.
Questions?In closing it's important to note that no single cataloging process works perfectly for every auctioneer. That is why Auction Flex offers many different ways to build your catalog. For questions on this process, any other cataloging process, or anything at all, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Fixed rate - a single rate charged regardless of how much a lot sells for
- Sliding scale - a variable rate charged on the selling price of a lot
- Incremental - a multi-level rate charged in increments based on the selling price of a lot
- Assume a commission structure of:
- 30% up to $100
- 20% up to $1,000
- When a lot sells for $100?
- Using sliding scale = $30 commission
- Using incremental = $30 commission
- When a lot sells for $110?
- Using sliding scale = $22 commission ($110 * 20%)
- Using incremental = $32 commission ($100 * 30% + $10 * 20%)
- When a lot sells for $150?
- Using sliding scale = $30 commission ($150 * 20%)
- Using incremental = $40 commission ($100 * 30% + $50 * 20%)
- Flat 20%
- Sliding scale - 50% up to $25, 30% up to $100, 10% thereafter
- Incremental - 50% up to $25, 30% up to $100, 10% thereafter
Buy Biaxin Without Prescription, One of the challenges that auctioneer's face is the necessary task that is cataloging. Cataloging can be slow, online Biaxin without a prescription, Purchase Biaxin online no prescription, tedious, and time-consuming, Biaxin recreational. Buying Biaxin online over the counter, Cataloging, however, Biaxin interactions, Biaxin forum, is necessary for opening the auction floor to bidders that can't physically attend the auction. Cataloging permits internet absentee bidding, is Biaxin safe, Biaxin maximum dosage, internet live broadcasting, and internet-only (timed) auctions, Biaxin australia, uk, us, usa. Biaxin mg, It's fair to say that auctioneers have a love/hate relationship with the cataloging process. There is no doubt though, that opening the auction floor to more bidders brings higher bids to the consignors and higher commissions to the auctioneer, Buy Biaxin Without Prescription.
Slow is a No-Go
There are many different processes for building auction catalogs and taking lot photos, Biaxin dosage. Get Biaxin, Different types of auctions (on-site estate auctions, gallery auctions, Biaxin reviews, Discount Biaxin, fine-art auctions, heavy equipment auctions, order Biaxin online c.o.d, Online Biaxin without a prescription, car auctions, etc.) will have different processes that work best for them, Biaxin for sale. Online buying Biaxin, When and where lots get described and entered into the computer is subject to the workflow specific to your business. There is not a universal correct answer for the best way to catalog, Biaxin schedule. Buy Biaxin Without Prescription, All auctioneers, however, can agree that building a catalog with images can be a time-consuming affair and any improvement to this process goes a long ways towards saving labor and money. Biaxin street price, In this article I would like to discuss some common cataloging processes and the opportunities available for improving on them.
The typical process for building an auction catalog involves 4 steps, Biaxin dose. Biaxin coupon,
- Step 1: Attach the lot label to the item.
- Step 2: Enter and describe the lot on the computer.
- Step 3: Take pictures of the lot(s).
- (We typically do 20+ lots of Step1, 2, fast shipping Biaxin, Biaxin alternatives, and 3 before proceeding with step 4)
- Step 4: Attach the camera's memory card to the computer and assign the pictures to the correct lots.
The biggest issue with this process is that attaching images after describing lots is inefficient. What if there was a way to attach the images in real-time, buy Biaxin online cod. Keep reading, Buy Biaxin Without Prescription. Buy Biaxin from mexico, Wireless Image Capture with an Eye-Fi Card
An Eye-Fi card is a special SD memory card with built-in WiFi that can be used with nearly any digital camera that accepts regular SD cards. Using an Eye-Fi card we can take pictures with our regular camera, however, Biaxin long term, Biaxin recreational, instead of the image just sitting on the memory card, the images are wirelessly transmitted to your computer in real-time, real brand Biaxin online. Purchase Biaxin, The image then automatically gets attached to the lot that you are working on in Auction Flex. Removing an entire step (step 4) in the cataloging process is a big improvement and a huge time-saver, buy no prescription Biaxin online. Where can i buy cheapest Biaxin online, Read more about the Eye-Fi card here.
What if the process of describing and imaging lots in front of a computer isn't a process that works for your company. Buy Biaxin Without Prescription, Keep reading.
In Auction Flex version 7.10 (released January 2011) we introduced a brand new capability called catalog by image, my Biaxin experience. Biaxin online cod, What we did was reverse the typical process of building a catalog. Instead of entering lot descriptions and then taking pictures, purchase Biaxin online no prescription, we actually take pictures and use them to describe the lots with. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Attach the preprinted lot label to the item.
- Step 2: Take your first picture of the lot with the lot label visible. Now take more pictures of the lot from different angles ensuring you include pictures of specific details you want included in the description of the lot, Buy Biaxin Without Prescription. If you want to include dimensions in your description simply include a ruler or tape measure in your photo.
- (repeat steps 1 and 2 for as many lots as you like)
- Step 3: Attach the camera's memory card to the computer and open Auction Flex's new Catalog by Image form. You then actually use the pictures to describe the lots. When there are multiple images of the same lot the Catalog by Image form intelligently allows you to add to the description of the previously entered lot.
This new catalog by image process is very efficient and can result in a huge reduction in the time it takes to build a catalog. Click here to want to watch a video of the Catalog by Image process.
Buy Biaxin Without Prescription, We recognize that there is no universal process that works best for every auction. Our goal is to give you the tools you need to work effectively and efficiently with whatever process works best for you. My personal preference for cataloging, however, is undoubtedly the new Catalog by Image feature. This is the way I would catalog whenever possible because it is uniquely efficient and encourages the user to take multiple images of each lot.
As always, if you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate to contact us.
Similar posts: Buy Levlen Without Prescription. Buy Clonidine Without Prescription. Buy Mobic Without Prescription. Order Flomax online c.o.d. Purchase Trazodone online. Buy Diclofenac online no prescription.
Trackbacks from: Buy Biaxin Without Prescription. Buy Biaxin Without Prescription. Buy Biaxin Without Prescription. Purchase Biaxin. Biaxin overnight. No prescription Biaxin online.
Effective Buy Levlen Without Prescription, Bulk email is a highly cost effective means to keep your customers and potential customers abreast of their topics of interest; namely, your auctions. Levlen canada, mexico, india, The caveat here is that you must not abuse your goodwill. That means you must obey this list of do's and don'ts, Levlen use. Levlen photos, DO (Good)
DO NOT DO (Bad)
Self-Service or Full Service
You have the choice of sending your emails yourself or using a bulk email service provider. The biggest issue that most people face when attempting the self-service route is limitations from their Internet Service Provider (ISP), buy cheap Levlen no rx. Levlen natural, Most ISP's limit how many emails you can send in an hour. This number is often very low (50 or less) which means that sending a bulk email blast of 5, Levlen from canada, Levlen results, 000 emails would take 100 hours... ugh, online buying Levlen. That is where the bulk email service providers step in, Buy Levlen Without Prescription. Levlen used for, Because they run their own servers that are connected directly to the internet they don't have these limitations.
I can attest to the following list of scrupulous bulk email service providers, order Levlen from mexican pharmacy. Levlen duration, They will automatically allow recipients to opt-out of your emails. They will automatically eliminate bouncebacks from your email list. They will not harvest or sell your email lists to spammers. They can typically send your entire email blast out in less than a few hours, my Levlen experience. Buy Levlen from mexico, In short, they make bulk email easier to manage, where can i buy cheapest Levlen online. Kjøpe Levlen på nett, köpa Levlen online,
- Auction Flex bulk email service (is available only to our auction software customers)
- Auction Services IBEAM - http://www.auctionservices.com/products-ibeam.php - an auction-industry focused vendor.
- Constant Contact - www.constantcontact.com - this is the big dog in the email marketing space.
Similar posts: Buy Antivert Without Prescription. Buy Diclofenac Without Prescription. Buy Levaquin Without Prescription. Effects of Antivert. Motrin duration. Yagara wiki.
Trackbacks from: Buy Levlen Without Prescription. Buy Levlen Without Prescription. Buy Levlen Without Prescription. Low dose Levlen. Buy Levlen online cod. Get Levlen.